Website Onondaga Camp
The Head of Riding is responsible for the management of the riding program as a whole, with support from 2 Assistant Heads. Responsibilities include the following:
· Care and feeding of 10-12 horses.
· Preparing riding for summer (site-maintenance), training of staff, and development of program.
· Implementing program for all campers at riding, ensuring safety and skill development as a priority.
· Developing and tracking levels for all ages who attend riding to ensure skill development as priority. Levels must be provided to program director at the end of each session.
· Providing feedback to all staff and leadership program participants, including informal and bi-weekly reviews.
· Co-ordination with Assistant Direct/Program Director for any maintenance issues that arise.
· Horse Show – Co-ordinate the entire horseback riding show, ensuring ample camper participation exists.
· Inventory control.
· End of year inventory, and wish list for following summer.
· Previous experience riding, caring for horses, mucking/barn management.
Experience teaching riding skills
To apply for this job please visit onondagacamp.campbrainstaff.com.