Website Pacific Riding for Developing Abilities
Therapeutic riding and EAL for people with diverse abilities.
JOB POSTING: INSTRUCTION COORDINATOR
FULL-TIME POSITION (Monday – Friday)
Pacific Riding for Developing Abilities is the largest therapeutic horseback riding and equestrian facility in BC, housing 18 therapy horses. We are a small staff team of dedicated individuals that are passionate about helping our clients reach their individual goals.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Instruction Coordinator to work Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (may vary from time to time). Wage is commensurate with experience.
· Teaching approximately 3 – 4 hours a day.
· Hiring and supervising Part-Time Instructors.
· Recruitment, care and training of the horses in the program.
· Coordination and scheduling of classes and instructors.
· Plans and coordinates orientation sessions, clinics and workshops and the upgrading of instructors.
· Holds instructors meetings once per session or as needed.
· Liaises with therapists, parents and guardians regarding new rider entry and progress (parents and guardians).
· Oversees maintenance of all rider and instructor files.
· With input from instructors, plans, develops and recommends new programs or enhancements.
· Other duties as required.
· Must be physically fit enough to perform the duties of this position.
Applicants should hold a certification in therapeutic riding from either CanTRA, PATH, or another accredited organization, such as Equestrian Canada. Other certifications may be considered if in conjunction with suitable experience. A suitable candidate may also be in the process of working towards therapeutic certification, with the goal of completion within 6 months of hiring. If you have a great sense of humour, an open mind and would like to join our dedicated team of horses, staff and volunteers, please submit your resume with cover letter to:
Michelle Ingall, Executive Director, PRDA: 1088 208th St., Langley, BC V2Z 1T4
[email protected] phone: 604-530-8717 fax: 604-530-8617
Posting will close Friday, June 25, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
We thank all applicants, however, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.