Wolf Run Farm
Boarding and training facility focused on dressage and eventing
We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Manager to join our team. The main role of the AM would be to work with the head manager to make sure everything runs smoothly, oversee the day-to-day operations, and keep the horses and boarders happy. Hours are 8am-4/4:30pm, Monday to Friday, and this person would be responsible for taking care of things on the farm during that time. Specific duties include:
- Basic farm chores such as mucking stalls, turning out/in, blanketing, feeding, etc
- Helping with vet, farrier, and therapists as needed
- Overseeing part-time staff
- Assisting with farm maintenance such as harrowing, mowing, etc
- Taking responsibility for maintaining the general tidiness of the barn
- Keeping an eye on the health of the horses and perform basic first aid when necessary
- Helping the boarders and dealing with their basic needs
- Communicating regularly with the head manager
- Additional tasks such as clipping, lunging and tacking up available to qualified candidates looking for extra income. This is not a riding position.
Candidates for this role will have a good work ethic, strong sense of responsibility, and take pride in what they do. Good attendance, reliable transportation and experience in the industry are a must. We are looking for someone who wants to be part of a team and truly cares about the horses. Very competitive compensation offered to qualified people; this is an excellent opportunity for the right individual. Applicants can send a resume to [email protected] Please be ready to provide references if requested.